Learning Target: Creating Classroom Community
- Restorative Justice Circle
If time allows: Depending on the length and/or tone left from the RJ circle
– Review norms and visualize (Draw) them (Stay Safe, Everyone is Engaged Everyone does everything, Ears with Empathy, ect.)
– Participate in a how we learn best or celebrate diversity or historical thinking matters graffiti wall
– Participate in what we need from our teacher post-it share- give each student a post-it note where they write down a word a phrase they need from me their teacher. We participate in a discussion about what students need from a teacher and the larger educational system to be successful
– Get-to-Know you Bingo that celebrates our diversity https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tpQNsc2FtRBBXacLGIjhRTlfU2YwuiJtDLiNpuDPxws/edit?usp=sharing.
– Stereotypes activity to prepare for single story narrative https://docs.google.com/document/d/13aKIpLZJY4upx20e87MmIBv8tYQYpq1ritcOHknN57I/edit?usp=sharing