Beyond the Bubble accesses 21st century skills with Primary Source Documents.
This resource has amazing information on creating common core aligned assessments that:
- balance knowledge of content and historical thinking.
- ask students to apply content knowledge rather than reproduce it.
- ask students to consider content in ways that require thought, judgment, and deep understanding.
- Take only a few minutes and are easy to score
- Come with rubrics and samples of student work
- Promote academic literacy
- Provide windows into students’ thinking
I hope to use this resource by improving student historical thinking and evaluation of primary source evidence. I hope to use this tool in collaboration with the Library of Congress Common Core Search Tool.