LT: Find examples of Bias in the Media
- Media Bias Project
- Watch a Propaganda Film from the Holocaust (Link to Film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHs2coAzLJ8&safe=active)
- Triumph of the Will Nazi Propaganda Film Review
- Triumph of the Will Revision Checklist: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1meyi1oiZXarsW-vVag1IQvJwEw5zyZhu7PrcZrXHJbY/viewform?usp=send_form
- Student Examples: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OMrJPV9OLyFOIcAjjTY9gBGaqKl8fii83ZAIdNkdVFo/edit?usp=sharing
- Media Bias Project
- Triumph of the Will Film Review
Essential Questions and Learning Targets:
- How was propaganda used as a tool in WW2 and the Holocaust?
- Complete Close Reading of Primary Source Documents
- Student Led Socratic Discussion about Zinn’s Article
- Create an artifact reflecting on the Holocaust or a Modern Genocide
- Background and Propaganda in WW2 nearpod, Presentation, and Analysis
- Close Reading of Primary Source documents from WW2 and Nazi Rise to Power
- Impact of the Propaganda- One Survivor Remembers
- Student Led Socratic Discussion about Howard Zinn’s Article: https://docs.google.com/document/d/184r0-pkiDuDP2WRyjyWZ95ZaORl-07z3D1v-XXN8l7U/edit?usp=sharing
- Holocaust or Modern Genocide Artifact
Learning Target: Describe the outcome of the Russian Revolution and How Stalin Impacted Russia.
Agenda: 90 Minutes
Gallery Walk: View Propaganda Images and complete Cornell Notes with observations. Images a printed in color and are posted on the Bulletin Board with Class Norms and the Center Table
Partner, individually, or whole class read Communist Russia about Stalin. Highlight key details. Practice using margin notes and Complete Cornell Notes.
Watch Film Clip Joseph Stalin: The Red Terror of Russia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVBzNEgtBZQ
SCORED AS A LEARNING TARGET: Exit Ticket PEAS Paragraph: What Impact did Joseph Stalin have on Russia? Cite evidence from propaganda Gallery Walk, Reading, and Video Clip. Have students complete this individually. Tell them I will score this assignment.
Here is a link to a PDF with resources for this unit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5YPu1L25T1WZk1qcDdycFFDT1U/view?usp=sharing